Wednesday, September 21, 2005

WHY?

When my cooks say that they could make something nicer but want to stay consistent. That says a whole lot. I don't think I can stay in a place like that. I want better, I want better for my cooks. I like to do nice things. It is hard when you do nice things and the other sous chef undermines your authority. WHY? It feels like an uphill battle. I am the new guy and trying to implement new ideas. They say they are open to new things but they don't want to do it. The integrity of the food is always a question.

NEW SHOEMAKER ITEMS: Steam wings until done then fry them. (WHY? Why cook twice?)
Steam quartered red potatoes then cook in the oven. (WHY? TWICE)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I surf, I look for interesting blogs. Yours is nice!
Keep up the good work!

I have a car insurance site. It pretty much covers car insurance related
stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home