Sunday, September 25, 2005

Consistent

One of my cooks, frustrated says, " I can make it nice but its consistent".
WOW! I can't blame him because he is frustrated and wants to do nicer food. I do too. He wasn't hired to do food like this. I wasn't hired to do food like this. I wasn't trained for par cooking and refiring. Only to have your food sit in the hotbox (ALTOSHAM) for an hour before the event. When we do something nice it isn't consistent, because nobody else does it the right way. I can't stand the shortcuts. Hollandaise in a box????? Tri-di peppers as a garnish for everything? (red,yellow and green bell peppers diced) For banquets, you need standardized recipes for everything. Otherwise is isn't consistent. The only thing that is consistent is that everything is done differently or bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home