Monday, December 19, 2005

Where to begin???????

I will be starting in a day or two at my new job. There is much to do! This kitchen has been basically on auto pilot for about a year. There was a "kitchen manager" who has recently stepped back to being a line cook. He did not do any paperwork, ordering was spotty at best, there has been no deep cleaning, walk-ins and freezer are a total shamble. I seen a diamond in the rough with this project. I must have. It has been like this for a year , I am told. (!!!!!) WOW!
The cooks....hmmmm. Well, some of them WILL be going. I will try and keep maybe one or two and start fresh. I need to order new equipment to replace some ancient artifacts that remain as a hint that there was some life here before. I love to shop!
The menu....Well, that will be revamped and twisted. They do table side salads, entrees and desserts. That's old school. I will keep that. It is not a busy restaurant, more intimate and romantic. I vow to raise the level of this restaurant on all accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home