Thursday, October 13, 2005

A chef's aches and pains

Sometimes after whisking for a while my shoulder hurts. My hands start to hurt. That could be the carpal tunnel syndrome.
My feet hurt. My feet hurt alot. Standing for up to 16 hours tends to do that. Might not be so bad if we had mats. BUT NO!!!! My Exec Chef thinks they are a trip hazzard??????? Well, what if someone had to go on workers comp because of all the standing and damage that is doing to their feet, ankles, legs and back?
If by some chance I do get to sit down and do some paperwork, I might not be able to walk right away when I get up. I must say that my Dansko clogs are pretty comfortable. Once I arrived home and could not get out of my truck because my legs cramped up. In the morning I have all the grace of a 9 month old baby taking her first steps.
My hands.....scarred, burns, minor little cuts, humps of scar tissue. Food and pepper under my nails. Pretty cool. I will never be a hand model. My forearms have hair this week, but they are scarred and have burns that have healed into pretty neat patterns. When you see them, they let other people in our business know that I do not sit in the office and be some paper chef. (paper chef= derrogatory term to a chef) I gets down, turnin' and burnin'!!!!
Another "pain" is wearing a stinkin' chefs hat. the paper toque. I can not stand these. My masters think that these are cost effective.??? I go through three a shift. I would prefer not to wear one. If I had to choose baseball hats or skull caps. Not the puffy or pooofy chef hats, those are fuckin' ridiculous.
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK MY OTHER POSTS DOWN BELOW. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home